Friday, November 7, 2008

Kareena kapoor-Saif kids are like Samaira(Karishma's Daughter) to me




What’s this about you being the highest paid actress in India?
I do not know what other actors get paid. Even I do not care. I get what I deserve. I have slogged right from Refugee to Jab We Met and Tashan. An actor is signed for what he or she can deliver.

Is your price flexible?
I have always been flexible with my fee. The hunger is for the right roles.

Does all the attention given to our relationship with Saif scare you?
I can not stop living my life the way I want to just because of the attention. As long as I do not let my family down, I am not scared. I will always retain my values. But, yes, at times this endless attention does get scary. There are so many flase stories about Saif and me. But it is okay. I understand the need to know what is going in our lives. Are we married… are we not married? Please! Fortunately, I have learnt to take all this unwanted speculation in my stride. The best thing is to just do my work and not get affected by the loose talk.

You look far calmer these days; quite unlike the restless Kareena we all knew a few years ago?
I was a child then.

Is it the Saif effect?
Yes! Of course, it is. Also, experiences have made me stronger.

Like?
I mean whatever I have gone through in my personal and professional life. I am a stronger girl now, far more at ease with myself than I was earlier. I am doing things, which I want to.


Are you fully comfortable in your in your relationship with Saif?
Yes. But only the two people in a relationship know what is going on. I do not think people have the right to know what’s going on in my private life. They have my movies to judge me by. I do not need to give explanations about what happens behind my closed doors. Right now I am loving it. The paparazzi are doing their job. We are doing ours. Both Saif and I understand that.

You have moved on in your personal life. Was it difficult parting with Shahid?
Yes, it was a very difficult period. Whatever went wrong between Shahid and me is very personal. I have always maintained that Shahid will always be part of my life. But, we are better off as friends. There is no animosity.

On hindsight, do you think you could have done something to save the relationship?
Sometimes there are no reasons for things, which happen in life. Even if there is one, I do not think it is right to talk about it openly.

Are you in touch with Shahid?
Oh yes. I message him and he messages me.

Did it take time for you family to absorb the fact that you were in love with Saif?
No, i do not think so. My mother is cool about it. And Karisma and Saif get along like a house on fire.

You and Saif do not have that much work together.

We only have Renzil d’Silva’s movie together. Both of us are too sensible to sign movies just to spend time together. Saif is way too mature and extremely understanding. He respects the kind of work I like to do as I respect his work. And we keep our careers apart. Saif knows that right now my career is the most important thing to me. I have worked really hard to get where I am. My family and friends know how much I have slogged. i would not give it up for anything.

So career wins over love?
There is no comparison between the two. When I am working, I am working. And when I am with him (Saif), I am all there. Besides, Saif is a superstar himself. He is too busy.


How is Saif as a partner?
He is fun and extremely loyal. He has all the qualities, which I always wanted in an man.

Is he very possessive? There were stories that he was upset with your dress at the IIFA award and also when you gave a peck on the cheek to Sylvester Stallone?
Saif is very supportive. He gives me space. All those stories were false.

You get along well with his two children, Sara and Ibrahim?
Both kids are very loving. They are like Samaira (Karisma’s daughter) to me.

What about marriage with Saif?
Way in the future.

Way in the future? Not in the near future?
Yes (laughs). It is in the future definitely. But not for the next two three years. But, we want to be together.

You value marriage. You helped Karisma reconcile with her husband Sanjay?
Contrary to what people believe I am a very homely girl. I am always there for those who are there for me. Frankly, I am nobody to help somebody with his or her marriage. But as a sister, I cam only offer support and advice. It has worked.

You lost out on Dostana and Dilli 6 because Abhishek did not want to work with you?
Firstly, there was no fight with Abhishek. He has decided not to work with me and I have decided the same.

A news report also stated that Abhishek and Kareena are likely to star in a film together. True?
The patch up decision can not be taken individually. This one’s quite complicated, since the two families are involved now. There is no truth to the news report about our teaming together. There is no project on the cards either.

What about your face off with John Abraham?
There is no panga with John actually. In fact, we might be working in a movie. The Mehtas of Ashtavinayak are producing it.

And Hrithik Roshan? Reportedly, even Hrithik requested Zoya Akhtar to look for a replacement as he was not comfortable working with you. Is that true?
Not true! Actually, that project never took off. But there is no problem with Duggu. I refuse to buy this story that Duggu wanted to ouster me from the project.


No comments: