Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Exclusive Interview Of Imran Khan Speaking IHLS

Your character endorses hatred towards love stories, through your film I Hate Luv Storys.How much of a believer in love are you in real life?
Everybody believes in love in real life, don’t they? As far as the film is concerned, I play a very different role — a quirky and fun character who is quite cynical at times. He looks at life with a very different perspective. His tastes in movies are very different and the way he perceives life is totally different.


15085145539625877514.jpg

This genre worked well for you in your first film Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na. Are you hoping to re-create the magic?

I don’t know about re-creating the magic, but I am quite happy with the way the film has turned out. I am comfortable doing most genres, but this one has just clicked. Also, what I do at a particular point in time largely depends on my mood. When this script came to me, I was looking to do something fun and lighthearted so I was fortunate this came along at the right time.

The pairing of Sonam Kapoor with you is already garnering rave reviews. What do you think?
Before we started filming I had met Sonam just twice socially. But we became good friends while shooting. In a love story, it is very important for the pair to look good together. If the pairing doesn’t click, the movie doesn’t click. I am glad people are appreciating us already.

Abbas Tyrewala (director of Jaane Tu…) was a debutant when you worked with him. So is Punit Malhotra (director of IHLS). Do you believe newcomers are more driven by their passion for cinema?

It would be unfair to say that the newcomers are more driven by the love for cinema. Personally, I enjoy working with people who are closer to my age. I can easily relate to them. Our ideas and mindsets match. My next director Danish Aslam is a debutant as well and I am having a great time working with him.

You have always maintained that you are not a great dancer. Does that change with this film?

I have a club number in this film. I hope I have done well. Also, when you know what your weak points are, you constantly try to improvise with your successive films.

After a dream start, did the failure of Kidnap and Luck make you reconsider your decisions?
Not at all. I have been brought up in a family closely associated with films. I am the third generation into films. So I know how the movie business works. You just have to learn and move on.

Are you more careful about picking roles now?
I don’t look at it that way. A hit or a flop don’t necessarily help you decide your next movie. You win some, you lose some. You cannot analyse when you have to make a judgment call.

Why has Delhi Belly taken so long to release?
It should release some time early next year. Aamir (Khan) was busy with 3 Idiots and Abhinay Deo (director) started working on his other film Game. Now that both are relatively free, they will start with the post-production of Delhi Belly. The shoot though is complete.

But the delay can make a movie look outdated?
If a movie is well made it will work, no matter when you release it. Anyway I have two releases this year, so I am happy with it.

With Break Ke Baad you again return to the rom-com genre?
Break Ke Baad is a romantic, coming of age ‘dramedy’ (drama and comedy).

Is marriage on the cards this year?
No. I don’t have the time this year.

Source : www.indianexpress.com

No comments: