Friday, August 20, 2010

Pooja Gor aka Pratigya is Brave

The 19 year, young girl Pooja Gor who has now become a household name through her strong and vigilant role of Pratigya through Star Plus well-liked show Mann Ki Aawaz Pratigya; today early morning had to stand by her character to fight back against some local eve teasers.

Behind every preacher follows a sound which says 'Charity begins at home'. But to do so even the preacher has to have the guts and confidence which our juvenile lady Pooja Gaur did portray early this morning.

Reciting the incident Pooja said, "It was early in the morning post my shoot when I was headed towards my house I just thought of having a quick vada pav bite from a nearby stall; and I was happily gathering some admiration and appreciation from the religious followers of the show."

"Amidst which some eve teasers standing at a distance of 10-15 steps started passing rude comments about my on screen chemistry with Krishna aka Aarhaan Behll and even approached me using slang like 'Item'; that just pissed me off so in a complete furious and hot head mood I moved towards them and warned them. But when they didn't stop remarking me with vulgar talks I just slapped one of the guys who was abusing me verbally", adds Pooja.

When asked how did the offender retaliate back she asserted, "In complete anger I did slap him but then after some seconds a frightful shiver did pass through my nerves but luckily he just walked off."

On inquiring the reaction of the onlookers present at the location she said, "As it was early in the morning there weren't much people around but after the scene some girls came up to me saying that these guys tease all the girls everyday but no one had the guts to fight against them. To which in a very humble tone I made them understand that if you follow my serial so religiously then why don't you understand the message it's trying to send across, fight for your rights?"

When asked about her final retrospect about the whole incident she smiling said, "I firstly would like to thank my producer Pearl Grey for help me sink in the character so much. Today I can proudly say I live my role and though it sounded like a self promotion of my serial Pratigya but it surely was for a good cause" and she signed off.

Hats off to Pooja Gor's bravery!

No comments: